1. Why should I go to Bible school?
In 2 Timothy 2:15 we read, “Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” A Christian leader needs to be able to respond with, “thus saith the Lord,” to those who are tired of man’s philosophy.
2. Who should go to Bible school?
All Christians: especially pastors, evangelists, church leaders, youth ministers and leaders, Sunday school teachers, bus ministry workers, children’s church workers, spouses of those in ministry and lay persons.
3. What advantage is there in studying the Bible through MTC, as opposed to studying independently?
Our courses have been tried, tested and proven to be effective. They are designed to give an organized and consistent plan of study. This will result in a more complete Biblical understanding and application.
4. Can I study here where I am or will have to move to Ennis, Texas?
MTC use to conduct classes in Ennis. Now all students enroll in MTC Distance Learning Program. This way, they will not need to leave their home. All studies are completed over their computer.
5. How many scholarships does MTC make available each year?
This depends on a number of factors. So far, MTC has been able to help many students who did not have the finances to pay in full for the courses. The scholarships are made available according to the student's needs.
6. Does MTC discriminate, in any way, toward any person applying for enrollment?
No, MTC does not discriminate concerning race, color, creed, sex or religion. However, MTC does require all applicants to embrace the Word of God as stated in the Bible and to conduct themselves by the guidelines of MTC's Statement of Faith.
7. If I already have a degree from a college, university, or Bible school; may I begin at the next level of study above my earned degree?
Not necessarily, your placement depends on several factors, including the courses you studied or degrees earned. Each student is evaluated individually.
8. Is MTC Bible School of Theology accredited?
MTC has received accreditation through affiliation with Accrediting Commission International (ACI). ACI is the world’s largest nongovernmental school accrediting association. MTC meets all of the standards set forth by this accrediting agency. Credits received through MTC are fully transferable to over 310 Bible schools and colleges in 8 nations who also have accreditation with ACI.
Credits received as a result of our affiliation with ACI are not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
9. Is a degree earned through MTC School of Theology equivalent to a degree earned in a state supported college or university?
No, our degrees are limited to only the field of Bible study. MTC is not seeking secular accreditation as we do not offer traditional academic courses such as mathematics, history, literature, science etc.
Anyone seeking to meet the necessary qualifications for a specific secular position or occupation, should attend a state college or university offering the required curriculum. MTC’s curriculum is designed for the study of the eternal Word of God... the Holy Bible and not for secular pursuits.
MTC does not guarantee that any institutions will accept the credits earned at MTC (other than ACI affiliated schools - although there are other institutions that have received MTC credits).
10. Will all colleges recognize work completed at MTC?
No, although various colleges will recognize studies from MTC, each college or Bible school has the right (as does MTC) to accept or reject some or all credits from another college.
Normally, secularly (or regionally) accredited colleges do not accept credits earned from Bible schools that have not received full accreditation by the state. Under the constitution of the U.S.A. all degrees are equal, but many times colleges and people discriminate.
If your sole purpose in seeking to expand your education is to better serve the Lord and to prepare for one of the numerous Christian related ministries, secular accreditation is not necessary or required. You should benefit greatly by acquiring and furthering your Christian education through MTC.
11. Does MTC give refunds?
Yes, a student can receive a refund, if for any reason, he or she is disappointed with the materials. However, all MTC course materials must be returned in “like new” condition. If a student takes a course on the internet, then the student does not have any materials that need to be returned.
The procedure to receiving a refund is:
1) Send a written request for withdrawal during the first ten days after receiving the first course.
2) Return the course materials you received to MTC.
3) A check will then be sent to you for that course as well as any additional paid courses.
10. Does MTC have a finance program?
Yes, please contact the Registrar or Dr. Ford for additional information.
If you have any other questions, please go to MTC's Contact page and submit your question(s) there.